CHOA Industry Acumen Certificate - APPLY HERE!
CHOA is pleased to announce a new initiative for 2016. As of Jan 4, 2016, we are welcoming registrants in a CHOA Industry Acumen Certificate Program. This program provides each participant with over 30 hours of technical training through CHOA Technical Workshops and Conferences. A Certificate of Completion will be provided and hours used in technical training can be put towards other accreditation. CHOA has designed this program to satisfy the requirements of the Canada Alberta Job Grant, a government grant program that will pay 2/3 the cost of any training program that meets certain stipulations. More information on this grant and information on how to apply can be found at http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/jobgrant.aspx or by calling Alison Leontaridis at 403.269.1755 ext 303.
The CHOA Industry Acumen Certificate Includes the following training:
1. Registration in 4 Technical Workshops from CHOA’s Professional Program. These workshops held after work or during the lunch hour feature a presentation by industry experts on topics that fall into one of 5 categories: Reservoir & Production, Facilities & Upgrading, Drilling & Completions, Business/Marking/Transportation, and Environment. Participants may choose the 4 workshops that are most relevant to their area of employment.
2. Registration in CHOA workshop “Understanding The Heavy Oil Industry.” This 4 hour workshop provides a high level overview of the heavy oil industry and essential context for both technical and non-technical employees of the industry in what the truths are behind the most widely discussed communications topics of the industry: Corporate ethics, our role in managing the environment, the challenges we face in innovation.
3. Registration in CHOA workshop “Heavy Oil 101.” This 8 hour workshop is a deeper dive into the technical process of how we get oil out of the ground and available for public consumption. Technical experts in the following areas present an in depth overview of their topic: Industry in Context, Recovery Methods, Geology, Refining and Upgrading, Business and Transportation, Environment and Innovation.
4. Registration in CHOA’s annual one day Technical Conference: Slugging It Out. This conference provides a forum for discussion on some of the most challenging topics the industry faces. It is an opportunity for knowledge sharing and insight into lessons learned through trial and error in innovation and development.
5. Registration in the Canadian Heavy Oil Conference, CHOA’s 2 day multi track technical and business conference. This is the premiere Canadian forum for knowledge transfer in the heavy oil industry.
6. Complimentary CHOA membership and a Certificate of Completion
*All certificate elements subject to substitution with a similar and equally weighted alternative
For more information on the program, please contact Alison Leontaridis at email@example.com.
CHOA Oktoberfest 2016